Home > Universal Orlando® Resort > Resort Hotels > Universal On-Site Hotels > Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
One of Travel and Leisure's Top 100 Hotels within the U.S. and Canada.
Celebrate la dolce vita — the sweet life — at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando®. This luxurious hotel re-creates the charm and romance of the famed seaside village of Portofino, Italy, right down to the cobblestone streets and outdoor cafes. Enjoy spacious guest rooms featuring authentic Italian furnishings, impeccable and attentive service, an opulent spa, three themed swimming pools, and exceptional dining.
This alluring Loews Hotel is not only an authentic re-creation of the famed Mediterranean village, it comes with an extraordinary twist. It's located inside the Universal Orlando® Resort. That means just outside your door are all the theme park thrills of Universal Studios® and Universal's Islands of Adventure®, as well as the dazzling entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk®.
Enjoy Exclusive Benefits when you stay at the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel:
*On-site hotel privileges good for hotel stay as indicated on the room key card. Only good for the number of guests staying in the room. Paid theme park admission required. Some attractions excluded. Express ride access available during normal theme park operating hours only. Not valid for separately ticketed special events. Additional restrictions may apply and benefits are subject to change without notice. Access may be restricted during certain times at certain attractions. ^Based on current pricing for the Unlimited Express pass, sold exclusively at the Universal Orlando front gates. Prices subject to change without notice. †Requires paid theme park admission. Early Park Admission begins one hour prior to Universal’s Islands of Adventure® regular opening hour for On-site Hotel guests and is valid seven days a week for travel through 12/31/12, valid only at Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™, Flight of the Hippogriff™, Dragon Challenge™ and The Cat in the Hat™. If technical problems arise or the opening of an attraction is delayed, another Islands of Adventure attraction will open for Early Park Admission. Universal Express ride access is not valid during Early Park Admission. Additional restrictions may apply and the foregoing benefits are subject to change without notice.
Universal ExpressSM ride access:* Skip the regular lines throughout both theme parks - a FREE benefit worth up to $87 per person, per day^ (valid theme park admission required). It's the fastest way to ride. Enjoy unparalleled access all day long, as often as you like.
- Early Park Admission:† As an on-site hotel guest, you have a special opportunity to enter Universal’s Islands of Adventure® one hour prior to theme park opening each day – before nearly all other guests.
Our Most Popular Option: Ultimate Adventure Package
On-Site Resort Accommodations
Universal Theme Park Admission
Universal ExpressSM Ride Access
Early Theme Park Admission
Optional Upgrades Available
All room types are non-smoking and feature either two queen beds or one king bed (with an optional rollaway bed*). Rooms with two queens can accommodate up to five guests* and those with a king bed accommodate 3 guests*.
Amenities include authentic Italian furnishings, 300 count 100% cotton bed liners, an oversized bathroom with two sinks, Lather skin and body care products, make-up mirror, TV audio speaker, 32" flat panel TV, cotton signature bath robes, Keurig coffee maker with Chef Emeril's gourmet coffee and teas, refreshment pantry, high-speed wireless in-room internet access (nominal fee), complimentary wireless internet access in public areas, smart room technology for heating and air conditioning, evening turndown service (upon request), an iron with ironing board, in room safe, hair dryer, in-room movies (additional fee), in-room video games (additional fee).
Club Level Amenities
Guests choosing Club Level accommodations receive upgraded room amenities and special privileges including access to the private Club Lounge serving complimentary continental breakfast each morning, hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, plus beer and wine each evening, private concierge services, complimentary admission to the fitness center at Mandara Spa® and more.
Available Room Categories:
Garden View Rooms: Rooms feature either one king bed or two queen beds and can accommodate up to five guests (*rollaway bed may be required for maximum occupancy). You'll also enjoy elegant furnishings from Italy and views of the meticulously manicured and landscaped grounds. Rooms are approximate 450 square feet in size.
- Bay View Rooms: Rooms feature either one king bed or two queen beds and can accommodate up to five guests (*rollaway bed may be required for maximum occupancy). Open your window shades and find yourself in the heart of the Italian Riviera. Bay View rooms overlook the hotel’s scenic Portofino Bay and picturesque harbor piazza. Every morning you can look out and watch the sun glittering off the sparkling water and its fleet of colorful fishing boats. Rooms are approximately 450 square feet in size.
- Deluxe Rooms: Rooms feature either one king bed or two queen beds (most rooms with 2 queen beds include a pull-out sofa) and can accommodate up to five guests (*rollaway bed may be required for maximum occupancy). These elegantly appointed accommodations offer an even larger living space at 490 square feet, plus a stylish and roomy bathroom featuring a separate tub and shower. In addition to the extra comfort you'll enjoy a view of the serene Villa Pool and surrounding gardens, or the dramatic Roman aqueduct-styled Beach Pool.
- Club Level Deluxe Room: Upgrade your stay to enjoy access to the Portofino's Club Lounge and you'll enjoy the utmost in European hospitality and service. You'll receive special room amenities, access to the exclusive Club Lounge conveniently located near the lobby, and other benefits and privileges. Rooms feature either one king bed or two queen beds (most rooms with 2 queen beds include a pull-out sofa) and can accommodate up to five guests (*rollaway bed may be required for maximum occupancy). These elegantly appointed accommodations offer an even larger living space at 490 square feet, plus a stylish and roomy bathroom featuring a separate tub and shower. In addition to the extra comfort you'll enjoy a view of the serene Villa Pool and surrounding gardens, or the dramatic Roman aqueduct-styled Beach Pool.
- Kid's Suites: Kids Suites let mom and dad have a little privacy, and the kids have some fun! With a standard king bedroom for the adults plus a separate room for the kids, there's plenty of space for the whole family at 650 square feet. Suites can accommodate up to five guests and feature two separate rooms (with a single entrance to the adult room) that are connected via a door that can be open or closed. The kids room is decorated in fun themes and includes two twin beds or bunk bed, a small table and chair set, separate closet, and a television.
* Maximum occupancies may require a rollaway at $25 per day, payable at check-in. Only one rollaway is allowed per room and based on availability.
Bask in glorious comfort and spacious accommodations in one of three different style suites.
Each suite consists of a parlor connected to a standard bedroom, with either 2 queen beds
or a king bed. All suites have 2 full bathrooms, flat screen TVs, and pullout double sofa. Premium suites can accommodate up to 7 guests.
- Portofino Suites - Cozy and comfortable with plenty of space to relax after
a day at the parks. A one-bedroom Portofino Suite is approximately 930 square feet.
- Villa Suites - Connecting to a deluxe room and with a larger living area
than the Portofino Parlor, this suite also includes a casual seating area, dining area
and kitchenette. A one-bedroom Villa Suite is approximately 1,360 square feet.
- Hospitality Suites - Ideal for casual social or business gatherings, the
Hospitality Parlor includes a large dining table, kitchenette and expansive living space.
A one-bedroom Hospitality Suite is approximately 1,875 square feet.
- Governatore and Presidente Suite: Extravagant and magnificent describe these grand signature suites. With immense bedrooms,
a walk-in closet, a separate study area, dining and conference area, and entertainment space,
you'll live like royalty. These suites feature an expansive outdoor terrace, flat screen TV, wet bar with refrigerator, whirlpool tub and mini kitchen equipped with a service
pantry. Create timeless memories with the ultimate in luxury.
Resort Dining Locations
Your “Italian Fine Dining Experience.” Since 1926, Bice’s reputation throughout the world for outstanding food and superb service precedes itself. All dishes are freshly prepared, including handmade pasta, delicious entrees and handmade pasta, delicious entrees and homemade desserts. Reservations are recommended.
Trattoria del Porto®:
Casual, warm and friendly restaurant serving brasserie-style menu. Open daily for breakfast and lunch and select nights for dinner, featuring Breakfast at Loews and Loews American Classics.
Mama Della's Ristorante:
At Mama Della’s Ristorante, everyone is family! Featuring authentic Old World favorites from Tuscany, Naples and Piemonte. Mama herself often greets guests in person and encourages everyone to “Eat, eat!” Strolling musicians create a memorable atmosphere for an unforgettable meal. Buon appetito! Reservations are recommended.
Gelateria - Caffe Espresso:
Much like the cafes on the original Portofino Bay, our Gelateria serves artisan gelato, milkshakes and smoothies. Service is primarily counter and self-service.
Sal's Market Deli:
The perfect place for a fresh pastry, coffee or freshly brewed espresso or cappuccino to start your day. Featuring brick-oven pizzas, Italian meats, cheeses, antipasti, biscotti and other delicacies.
Splendido Pool Bar and Grill:
Located poolside, offering burgers, salads and an array of light specialties.
Our dockside wine bar is family friendly. Enjoy a light appetizer and an extensive selection of wines offered by the glass.
Swank, stylish and sleek, Bar American’s atmosphere is unsurpassed in its elegance. Offering Loews Signature Cocktails, appetizers, aperitifs, wine and cognac.
24 Hour Room Service:
Dine in the privacy of your own room.
Camp Portofinosm offers supervised children’s activities and a gameroom. Poolside activities and "dive-in" movies are featured on select nights. In-room babysitting is also available.
The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel features the three unique swimming pools, including the Beach Pool,
with a Roman aqueduct-style theme and slide, the Villa Pool, which has private
access for Villa Room and Suite guests, and the Hillside Pool. Bocce ball with exclusive private access for Villa Room
and Suite guests is also offered.
Mandara Spa 12,300-sq. ft. full-service spa offering a wide range of services including massage, skin care, body treatments, hair and nail care, steam/sauna, and a full-service fitness center. Jogging and walking paths, can also be found on property.
A wine tasting and jazz event designed to capture the ambiance of the Mediterranean. Featuring select wines and sparkling wines, gourmet food samples, live jazz music and complimentary hand-rolled cigars. The event is held on the beautiful Harbor Piazza overlooking the sparkling Portofino Bay. Harbor Nights is held quarterly throughout the year.
The Golf Universal Orlando program offers resort guests special benefits and preferred tee times at several nearby award-winning courses including Grand Cypress Golf Club and Windermere Country Club. Complimentary transportation is provided for parties of four or more.
Five retail shops are located on-site including Galleria Portofino featuring art from both theme parks, Le Memories di Portofino featuring unique gifts and resort wear, Alta Moda featuring the very latest in resort fashion for men, women and children. L’Ancora featuring Loews Portofino Bay Hotel gifts and a variety of necessities. There are also numerous unique shops located nearby at Universal's Islands of Adventure® Theme Park and Universal Studios®. If shopping on a larger scale is desired, just hop aboard the water taxi and head to Universal CityWalk® where you'll find even more stores!
Guests of the Portofino Bay Hotel enjoy complimentary transportation to the Universal Theme Parks via water taxi or shuttle bus. In addition, complimentary scheduled transportation service is available to SeaWorld® Orlando, Aquatica and Wet’n Wild. Daily seating is limited and reservations are required 24 hours in advance.
Rooms are available for guests with disabilities (subject to availability).