Home > Universal Orlando® Resort > Theme Parks > Universal's Islands of Adventure® Theme Park
Universal's Islands of Adventure® Theme Park
Timeless tales, epic myths and legends, cartoons, comic books, and children's stories come
to life at this amazing theme park. Explore five uniquely themed islands, where the world's
most exciting technologically advanced rides and attractions challenge you to a true adventure!
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™
Now Open! From printed page to silver screen, you've shared his every adventure. Now prepare to join Harry Potter™ and his friends as you step into the magic and excitement of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™.
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™: Make your way through the familiar classrooms and corridors of Hogwarts™ School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Then soar above the castle grounds as you join Harry Potter™ and his friends on an unforgettably thrilling adventure!
- Dragon Challenge™: You'll need the courage of a Triwizard Tournament™ champion as you mount one of two dragons – an aggressive Chinese Fireball or a ferocious Hungarian Horntail – that twist and loop in a roller coaster chase across the sky. Dragon Challenge™ is actually two high-speed roller coasters, and each "dragon" is a completely different ride.
- Flight of the Hippogriff™: Follow Hagrid's instructions as you learn the proper way to approach a Hippogriff, which has the head of a giant eagle and the body of a horse. Then you’ll take off on a family-friendly coaster that spirals and dives around the pumpkin patch, and swoops past Hagrid's hut.
- Three Broomsticks™ Restaurant: This rustic tavern is where visitors to Hogsmeade™ come to dine on hearty fare. The restaurant serves the "Great Feast Platter," fish and chips, shepherd's pie, soup, salads, pumpkin juice and Butterbeer™, plus tasty desserts including apple pie and chocolate trifle.
- Ollivanders™ Wand Shop: Step inside the small dusty shop and choose from Ollivanders' full array of wands, or purchase replicas of the Harry Potter™ film characters' wands, collectible wand sets and more.
- Honeydukes™: Visit the legendary shop for sweets including Bertie Bott’s Every-Flavour Beans™, exploding bonbons, treacle fudge, Chocolate Frogs™ and more.
Take a fantastic journey into a world where dinosaurs still rule - a land of scientific learning
and primordial fun.
- Jurassic Park River Adventure®: It's lunchtime... and you're on the menu! Take an unforgettable river raft ride through the jungles of Jurassic Park® and see dinosaurs in their natural habitats.
- Pteranodon Flyers®: Kids of all ages will enjoy this slow, gentle attraction that suspends riders beneath the 10-foot wingspan of a Pteranodon, a flying reptile thought to be one of the ancestors of today's birds.
- Camp Jurassic®: In this prehistoric playground kids can explore secret caves and wander through a mysterious amber mine.
- Jurassic Park Discovery Center®: Unearth the mysteries of the planet's prehistoric past in this hands-on interactive activity center. The Jurassic Park Discovery Center® combines entertainment with education in a variety of informative exhibits and displays geared to children and adults.
The Lost Continent®
Enter this mysterious realm where strange creatures dwell and mischievous spirits hide.
- Poseidon's Fury®: It's an explosive undersea adventure! Venture through the darkened ruins of the ancient Temple of Poseidon. Here you'll find an archeologist from the Global Discovery Group who leads you deeper and deeper into the mysterious temple.
- The Eighth Voyage of Sinbad®: It's a stunt show of heroic proportions! Cheer on the heroes and boo the villains in this spectacular live adventure. See death-defying stunts and breathtaking feats as the mighty Sindbad and his wisecracking sidekick Kabob attempt to rescue the beautiful Princess Amoura from the evil witch Miseria.
- The Mystic Fountain: Carved of ancient stone atop the mysterious underground geysers of a long Lost Continent, a mischievous Water Spirit lives, breathes, speaks… and almost always squirts unwary onlookers brave enough to talk back!
- Mythos Restaurant®: As you approach the towering rock formations, cascading waterfalls and ancient figures carved into the side of Mythos Restaurant® you know you're in for a dining experience unlike any other. This award-winning restaurant offers exceptional contemporary cuisine in a setting to spark the imagination.
Step into the whimsical, wacky world of Dr. Seuss and his colorful children's stories in this truly unique land.
- Caro-Seuss-el™: You'll find an array of unusual creatures from the imagination of Dr. Seuss on this one-of-a-kind carousel.
- The Cat in the Hat™: Go for a spin with The Cat in the Hat™ as you ride your couch through the pages of Dr. Seuss's, best-loved children's book. This delightful ride takes the story of The Cat in the Hat™ and re-creates it scene for scene.
- If I Ran The Zoo™: This interactive play area recounts the story of Gerald McGrew and his quest to create a totally different zoo of strange and unusual animals from the most remote and exotic places around the world.
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish™: Dr. Seuss' delightful children's book comes to life in this ride that kids (and parents) will love. Climb aboard One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish™ and take the controls as you steer your colorful fish up, up, up and down, down, down.
- The High In The Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!™: On this twin-tracked ride you'll take a gentle journey high above the colorful rides and attractions of Seuss Landing.
Marvel Super Hero Island®
Visit a place where 2-D comic books become 3-D adventures... where super heroes battle super
villains in a gleaming city... and larger-than-life rides push you to new heights of excitement.
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider Man®: The diabolical villains of the Sinister Syndicate have stolen the Statue of Liberty and it's up to Spidey to save the day. You'll follow right alongside the web-slinger, careening and crashing through the streets, scaling skyscrapers and plummeting to the pavement below in a simulated 400-foot freefall.
- Doctor Doom's Fearfall®: With menacing Doombots watching your every move, you're strapped into your seat. The tension builds. Suddenly the countdown reaches zero and you are rocketed skyward, 150 feet into the air, then hurled back down faster than the force of gravity itself.
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster®: You accelerate from zero to 40 mph in two seconds flat, with the force equal to that of a jet taking off an aircraft carrier. The world turns upside down as you experience a weightless "zero g" roll. Then you feel a surge in power as you pick up speed and a menacing roar fills your ears. All you can do is hang on!
- Storm Force Accelatron®: Professor Xavier has enlisted you to help Storm battle the evil Magneto. You must board Professor Xavier's new device, the Accelatron, and use it to help amplify Storm's powers. As you speed faster and faster in this whirling, twirling, spinning power generator, Storm produces thunder and lightning, sending Magneto into a full retreat.
- Captain America Diner®: This is the place where heroes hang out, and you'll see them all over the walls of this star spangled diner.
Ever wonder what it would be like to actually live inside a cartoon? Join your favorite characters
for loads of wacky fun in a crazy, animated world where the rules of reality just don't seem to
- Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls®: Will Dudley Do-Right and his faithful horse, Horse, reach Nell in time to save the day? Will you stay dry when you experience the incredibly steep plummet down Ripsaw Falls? Hop in your log for the watery conclusion of this sidesplitting flume ride to find out!
- Me Ship, The Olive®: This colorful ship is actually an imaginative play area for kids. On its three decks you'll find passageways to crawl through, slides to go down, cargo nets to climb, horns to toot, a bell to ring and more, nestled among the ship's cargo of spinach, spinach and more spinach.
- Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges®: As you splash and churn your way through the waterways of Sweet Haven you'll sail through a variety of amusing scenes and different ways to get you wet, including a fully-operational barge wash and an Octopus Grotto where you'll encounter an 18-foot tall, 14-foot wide octopus with 10-foot long tentacles.